Alex Faith of @CollisionRecs to Release FREE ALBUM “Honest 2 God” Tomorrow
Published on August 20, 2012
If you follow my tweets, then you know I think Alex Faith is some kinda talent in our scene. Rapzilla.com has released a number of singles from this record, tracks that have me incredibly hype for his debut project. Here’s the Press Release, courtesy of Collision Records:
On the heels of a “great performance” at the 2012 Legacy Conference, and after featuring on projects like Sho Baraka’s Barakaology and, more recently, Swoope’s critically acclaimed album Wake up, Alex Faith will release his debut album Honest 2 God on August 21, 2012.
Honest 2 God represents Alex Faith’s courage to live honestly before God and people. “It’s really me just being honest, writing songs about how I feel about things,” he explains. “I am convinced that the courage to be yourself often happens when you see someone else doing the same. Honest to God is my approach of doing just that. I’m writing music for people who can identify with my experiences, and even appreciate them.”
In June, Alex released his single, “Runways” with a feature from High Society’s Suzy Rock. The transparent and truthful lyrics on the track moved fans and critics alike as Alex laid out his honest expression. Rapzilla’s Steven Patton called it “DOPENESS!” while DJ Wade-O of the Wade-O Radio Show praised the song saying, “I want to applaud [Alex] for putting that on the record.”
Honest 2 God comes highly anticipated with 14 tracks featuring artists such as Jamm from Hello Revolution, High Society’s Suzy Rock, Fish Scales of the Nappy Roots, Sho Baraka, Dre Murray, Christon Gray, and Derek Minor (fka Pro) among others. The forthcoming album features acclaimed production from Wit, D-Flow, Wes Pendleton and Street Symphony, many of whom were responsible for the exceptional quality produced on Lecrae’s widely popular mix tape Church Clothes.
- Predestined (prod. by the BeatBreaker & Wit)
- Have it All (prod. by Wit)
- Runways feat. Suzy Rock
- ‘Til Death feat. Jamm (prod. by Wit)
- Can’t Fake It feat. Dre Murray and Derek Minor (prod. by Wit)
- Georgia Clay feat. Jamm (prod. by Street Symphony)
- Conditional feat. Uncle Reece (prod. by D-Flow)
- Video Games (prod. by Wit)
- Kings feat. Fish Scales of Nappy Roots and Lester L2 Shaw
- Dreams feat. Social Club
- Remember the Rain (prod. by Wit)
- M for Murder feat. Marty Mar and Dre Murray (prod. by Wit)
- Honest to God feat. Swoope and Christon Gray (prod. by Wes P.)
- Runways Remix feat. Sho Baraka and Suzy Rock
August 21st. New music. Free music. Yay.