City Takers releases long-anticipated Album
Published on August 28, 2013
Album to Benefit National Movement to Raise-Up Urban Missionaries
City Takers, an Atlanta-Based nonprofit founded in 2009 for the purpose of reaching those who are generally marginalized and displaced by the concept of “church”, announces the release of the long anticipated project City Takers- The Album.
“I am very proud of these missionaries! They all have a true heart for God and His people. When you listen to the talented mc’s laying their lyrics down on this album,” remarked Scott Free the organization’s founder, “you will hear the hearts of the urban missionaries who are willing to serve at a moments notice.”
The mission of City Takers is to raise-up urban missionaries to transform cities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The organization employs a three-fold strategy to carry forth the mission:
- LOVE A CITY– We engage people of all ages and backgrounds by serving in area schools, streets, jails, shelters, etc., passionately bringing a message of hope to the hopeless and hurting
- DRAW A CITY– We aim to capture the attention of people drawing them into life-impacting worship experiences and outreach events in which The Gospel is shared in a culturally relevant
- BUILD A CITY– We train, equip, and grow indigenous urban leaders and help leaders connect individuals to opportunities for faith and talent development with the intention of transforming a city one person at a time.
This year, City Takers has felt the call of God to expand its mission to a nation-wide platform. Intensifying their efforts to reach the urban culture, this album will help raise funds to support the operational budget for the organization.
Bringing the work of City Takers to life, the inspiring lyrics of the City Takers album have been translated to the big screen through a documentary that will be released later this fall. We Are City Takers- A Nameless, Faceless Army follows real life City Takers- a radical army of urban missionaries and Christian Hip Hop Artists- through the streets of Atlanta. The V.I.P. screening and premiere of the documentary will be the kick-off for the non-profit’s first organized campaign to raise funds- Be a Part of the SOULtion Campaign.
Carrie Edge, Director of Development for City Takers, had this to say about the campaign, “Our hope is that we can marry the passions of individuals and ministries in every city in America with our mission, developing partnerships that will ensure that God’s message of love is translated to the urban and Hip Hop Culture- the next great mission field.
City Takers will celebrate the release of their album on Friday, August 23, 2013 at Mount Paran Church located at 2055 Mount Paran Road in Atlanta, Georgia at the City Takers Album Release Party. The album will be available digitally on iTunes and Amazon, and hardcopies will be available via citytakers.com and minor outlets. The album features 12 artists, 6 of City Takers very own, and 12 tracks:
- Intro- Alpha Hayward
- City Takers Anthem- Enlitement, AG Primo, Double, Bishop (Ft. T-Haddy)
- Have It All- Bishop, Double, AG Primo (Ft. Gideonz Army & Alex Faith)
- Come with Me- AG Primo
- Intermission- Scott Free
- Renaissance- Enlitement
- Burn It Down- Double, AG Primo, Enlitement
- How To Love- Double
- Interlude- Enlitement, Double
- Busy Body- Enlitement, Double, AG Primo, Bishop (Ft. Kadence)
- GBIMC- AG Primo, Double, Enlitement, Jerm, Scott Free
- Fame- Enlitement, AG Primo, Bishop, Scott Free
For more information on how you can support the City Takers Movement email email@example.com. You can also find City Takers on the web at www.citytakers.com, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter