Have you seen or heard some nice ministries and often wondered “hey, why haven’t I heard of them before?” or “why aren’t they getting radio play?” or…the list goes on and on. Not unlike most industries, even in the ministry of Christian Hip-Hop, it can be hard for an artist to “breakout” of the masses and get his or her ministry highlighted – – which is why we created “The Breakout” contest.
The Breakout is a monthly contest created to give new and upcoming Christian hip-hop artists an opportunity to gain broader exposure for their ministries.
The process is simple…
- Each month, artists can submit one song to the “The Breakout” competition
- The songs will be posted to the “The Breakout” section of Holyculture.net for visitors to listen to and vote on (ranking of 1 star through 5 stars).
- The listeners’ votes will be tabulated creating a list of finalists (3-5 artists).
- The Holy Culture Team (Holy Culture Radio Hosts, writers, reviewers, etc.) will each have one vote to cast on the finalists.
So what does The Breakout artist win?
- A full promotional package, acknowledging you as the “Holy Culture Breakout winner” from Holy Culture that includes:
- Leader board Ad for 2 weeks
- Banner Ads for 2 weeks
- Eblast – Exclusive Full Press Release (14k mailing list)
- Full Press Release posted the main News Section
- Album Review
- Single added to rotation on the Holy Culture Radio Mix shows
- Single added to our Audio leak section
- Songs will be distributed to our affiliate DJ networks (Kingdom Affiliates and The Higher Ground DJ International Pool)
So, are you ready to enter or have someone that you know that should enter. Submission is easy. Just send the following to anonymous@http://www.http://http://www.holyculture.net by midnight, Saturday, May 30th to be entered in June’s contest:
- Artist Name
- Album Name
- Song Name
- Album Cover art or artist photo
- Artist Bio (if available)