About holy culture
Our Mission: To Revitalize Communities and empower people to reach their potenial.
The hip-hop-influenced Generations are becoming less "Faith-based."
- The percentage of U.S. adults who identify as Christian has been declining over the past decade, and this decline is particularly pronounced among younger generations.
- 64% of Gen Z respondents reported being "less religious" than their parents, and 59% said they had not attended a church service in the past six months.
- For the 93MM in the U.S. that consume hip-hop (50% plus Gen Z and Millenials, 35% African American), Gospel Music can be the equivalent of being a French-only speaking person and an English speaker person continuing to raise their volume to communicate.
With a focus on the underserved, ages 13-34, we deliver the Gospel and paths for self-improvement through Healing, Hope, and “How TOs.”
Holy Culture Radio provides engaging Christian hip-hop music and talk radio programming on SiriusXM that shares a positive Gospel message with more than 5MM listeners.
- We meet people where they are, as 92% of African Americans listen to the radio monthly (more than ANY other linear or digital platform), and hip-hop is the most popular genre among people aged 18-34.
- It is a powerful tool for constantly speaking to listeners as hosts/DJs create virtual relationships and allow us to capture listener testimonial stories. We over-index in listening time by 2-3 times the national FM average.
- We deliver edification and evangelism through a curated soundtrack, personal development, and the recruitment of resources that are specifically valuable for this audience (education, career advancement, addiction recovery, etc.)
- We feature established and new artists and unique shows/hosts/guests that pull listeners into the “identity” of being a Gospel listener and a community member - driving brand loyalty and reasons for them to lean into the messages and engage with the resources we’re sharing.
Through The Corelink Solution brand, we deliver a curriculum designed to help people develop their passion and purpose, create an informed plan, use provided tools to help them succeed, and establish accountability and ownership.
Our WHY: We believe in God’s unique plan and potential for each human being, as well as the right to pursue it through systems designed and available for their success.
Our PURPOSE: Revitalize communities by empowering individuals to reach their potential.
Our VISION: Drive the development and adoption of programs, policies, and practices that lead to increased high school graduation and career success rates.
Our MISSION: To help individuals link to their core (their unique gifts, talents, passion, and purpose) and pursue their potential.
Our STRATEGY: We are developing an ecosystem that envelops the person through education, inspiration, motivation, and practical application.
- Stewardship: We are ministry and mission-oriented.
- All should be served.
- We are unencumbered and must remain so to be good stewards.
- We deliver high-quality products and services.
- We deliver relevant and engaging user experiences without compromising our purpose.
our History TIMELINE
Trig's Shift into CHH
While Trig (James Rosseau) was saved, he was still producing secular music. However, an interaction with a member of The Cross Movement made a major impression on him. His convictions led him to shift entirely to Christian Hip-Hop.
Later that year he released "Project Omega (the EP)" that year as an artist and producer.
The Birth of Corelink Ministries (dba The Corelink Solution)
Trig birthed Corelink will the vision to empower people to reach their potential.
The Birth of Holy Culture Radio
Holy Culture Radio was the brainchild of DJ/Producer Vic Padilla. While stationed at Holloman AFB New Mexico, he met Lee, who happened to be the program director at KRUX FM. Vic shared his love for Christian Hip Hop and was subsequently asked to host his own show. Vic dubbed the show “Holy Culture Radio," and the rest is history.
The Birth of the website
Because Holy Culture Radio was only being broadcast live (on the net), listeners all over the world were forced to stay up at weird times of the day in order not to miss the broadcast. This led to Vic, with the help of the ultra-talented website design company JZ Designs, to launch HolyCultureRadio.com, where his popular mix show could now be offered to the masses in a pre-recorded version… globally 24/7!
HolycultureDownload.com is born
Vic created the HolyCultureDownload.com store, allowing artists to have a place to sell their songs and albums via MP3s.
Trig becomes a partner
James "Trig" Rosseau met Vic several years earlier when Vic asked him to bring Corelink Radio to HCR. Their relationship grew, and Trig became a partner.
Holy Culture Record Pool is Founded
This record pool was founded by Vic Padilla and Damon O'Brien. It is now owned and operated by Damon (aka DJ D-Lite).
The HCR family of websites launched an exciting new service available to professional DJs and media outlets that promote Christian Hip Hop and R&P music. The Holy Culture Record Pool was a resource for indie artists and record labels. Subscribers to the pool will have access to the newest Christian Hip Hop, R&P, and Electronica recordings and will be able to break these releases to the masses.
Holyculture.net is born
Vic felt a need to provide news and other content beyond the brief summaries on the store or the dialogue on radio. Literally overnight, HolyCulture.net was born.
Holy Culture Merges with illspot.net
With a change in life, Vic decides to exit Holy Culture. However, at the same time, discussions begin with their good friend Anonymous who was running illSpot.net. Trig and Anonymous decide to join forces under the Holy Culture name.
Holy Culture Mobile apps launched
Trig exited his corporate roles to focus on the non-profit, re-energizing work for both The Corelink Solution brand and Holy Culture. Launching mobile apps was one of the first initiatives.
Holy Culture Radio Expands to Sirius XM Channel 154
SiriusXM announced the launch of Holy Culture Radio, a new spiritually-inspired talk and music channel. With the expansion, Holy Culture Radio added a number of new shows, launching with 14 shows in total on the new 24/7 channel.