About holy culture
Holy Culture has a rich history of nearly 20 years, existing to promote Christ, Christian values, and lifestyle through Christian Hip Hop and Rhythm and Praise (R&P) media and serve those creatives. Our tagline of "connect, collab, and inspire" represents all that we endeavor:
- Connect: To create systems and infrastructure that increase the efficacy of Christian Hip-Hop (CHH) and Kingdom Advancement
- Collab: To create a community where iron sharpens iron (Romans 12: 1-10)
- Inspire: To create a space to edify believers and share the gospel with non-believers.
Holy Culture RADIO
Available on SiriusXM Channel 154, online, and our mobile Apps, Holy Culture Radio is a full-time edutainment channel that plays faith-based rap and rhythmic music combined with empowering conversations.
From introducing upcoming artists to discussions about Faith, Arts, Vocation, and Education (FAVE) with legends in the industry and more. With four daily radio shows and ten on the weekends, examples include:
- The renowned DJ Wade-O, best known for his spinning skills and insightful interviews with artists, pastors, and leaders within the Christian hip-hop community.
- The Stellar-award and Kingdom Choice Award winner Da Fixx Morning Radio show, whose mission is to expose the culture to positive but relevant music that keeps Jesus Christ at the center of the message.
Old School Sounds, hosted by DJ D-Lite, takes listeners back to the genre’s beginnings.
- The Underground Gospel Hip-Hop Show, where Jay Williams helps to launch indie faith-based artists, personifying the notion of having a great time while inspiring listeners with meaningful messages.
- K.I.N.G Talks, with open discussions on life to create an environment of effective communication and an atmosphere of compassion and understanding.
- Church on the Block, where Pastor Phil Jackson, Pastah J, and DJ Ruckus engage in all-encompassing discussions and theological breakdowns of hip-hop and street culture and how the church can deliver hope.
… and many more.
Our music programming diversely highlights established artists such as Lecrae, KB, Angie Rose, nobigdyl, Bizzle, and Aaron Cole; emerging artists, such as George Rose, Caleb McCoy, and F.L.O.G.I.C.; Independent artists such as Pastor Charles A.R., Brinson, A.I. The Anomaly, Miles Minnick and B.E.R.I.D.O.X. and next-generation artists such as Wande, 1KPHew, WHATUPRG, Scootie Wop, and Porsha Love, and Foundational legends such as The Cross Movement, Gospel Gangstaz, Dynamic Twins and SFC.
Through The Corelink Solution brand, we deliver a curriculum designed to help people develop their passion and purpose, create an informed plan, use provided tools to help them succeed, and establish accountability and ownership.
Our WHY: We believe in God’s unique plan and potential for each human being, as well as the right to pursue it through systems designed and available for their success.
Our PURPOSE: Revitalize communities by empowering individuals to reach their potential.
Our VISION: Drive the development and adoption of programs, policies, and practices that lead to increased high school graduation and career success rates.
Our MISSION: To help individuals link to their core (their unique gifts, talents, passion, and purpose) and pursue their potential.
Our STRATEGY: We are developing an ecosystem that envelops the person through education, inspiration, motivation, and practical application.
- Stewardship: We are ministry and mission-oriented.
- All should be served.
- We are unencumbered and must remain so to be good stewards.
- We deliver high-quality products and services.
- We deliver relevant and engaging user experiences without compromising our purpose.
our History TIMELINE
Trig's Shift into CHH
While Trig (James Rosseau) was saved, he was still producing secular music. However, an interaction with a member of The Cross Movement made a major impression on him. His convictions led him to shift entirely to Christian Hip-Hop.
Later that year he released "Project Omega (the EP)" that year as an artist and producer.
The Birth of Corelink Ministries (dba The Corelink Solution)
Trig birthed Corelink will the vision to empower people to reach their potential.
The Birth of Holy Culture Radio
Holy Culture Radio was the brainchild of DJ/Producer Vic Padilla. While stationed at Holloman AFB New Mexico, he met Lee, who happened to be the program director at KRUX FM. Vic shared his love for Christian Hip Hop and was subsequently asked to host his own show. Vic dubbed the show “Holy Culture Radio," and the rest is history.
The Birth of the website
Because Holy Culture Radio was only being broadcast live (on the net), listeners all over the world were forced to stay up at weird times of the day in order not to miss the broadcast. This led to Vic, with the help of the ultra-talented website design company JZ Designs, to launch HolyCultureRadio.com, where his popular mix show could now be offered to the masses in a pre-recorded version… globally 24/7!
HolycultureDownload.com is born
Vic created the HolyCultureDownload.com store, allowing artists to have a place to sell their songs and albums via MP3s.
Trig becomes a partner
James "Trig" Rosseau met Vic several years earlier when Vic asked him to bring Corelink Radio to HCR. Their relationship grew, and Trig became a partner.
Holy Culture Record Pool is Founded
This record pool was founded by Vic Padilla and Damon O'Brien. It is now owned and operated by Damon (aka DJ D-Lite).
The HCR family of websites launched an exciting new service available to professional DJs and media outlets that promote Christian Hip Hop and R&P music. The Holy Culture Record Pool was a resource for indie artists and record labels. Subscribers to the pool will have access to the newest Christian Hip Hop, R&P, and Electronica recordings and will be able to break these releases to the masses.
Holyculture.net is born
Vic felt a need to provide news and other content beyond the brief summaries on the store or the dialogue on radio. Literally overnight, HolyCulture.net was born.
Holy Culture Merges with illspot.net
With a change in life, Vic decides to exit Holy Culture. However, at the same time, discussions begin with their good friend Anonymous who was running illSpot.net. Trig and Anonymous decide to join forces under the Holy Culture name.
Holy Culture Mobile apps launched
Trig exited his corporate roles to focus on the non-profit, re-energizing work for both The Corelink Solution brand and Holy Culture. Launching mobile apps was one of the first initiatives.
Holy Culture Radio Expands to Sirius XM Channel 154
SiriusXM announced the launch of Holy Culture Radio, a new spiritually-inspired talk and music channel. With the expansion, Holy Culture Radio added a number of new shows, launching with 14 shows in total on the new 24/7 channel.